Friday, June 26

Viva Las Vegas Part 1

So it is summer break and this is the first summer I have said I am doing absolutely no school work!! So I started my vacation off with a trip to Las Vegas to see one of my former roommates from college, Cydnee. I arrived Tuesday and have enjoyed time hanging out with her family. We have gone to eat at my cousin's (2nd cousin, Brad Otton) restaurant and that was good. We have taken her daughter to school, picked her up, gone to the library, gone grocery shopping, picked her husband up after he had Lasik surgery, went to costco, hung out, taken naps, set her up on Facebook, went to walk around the Vegas Temple, took a little off road adventure, gone to the mall, and finally tonight went out for great sushi and then drove the Strip to see all the lights!!

Next stop, tomorrow walking the strip (or at least part of it), hopefully catching a show, and eating at a buffet. We also have plans to drive over to see Hoover Dam.

Here are some pictures of the last couple of days:
>

Reagan, with her cute smile





Cyd and Reagan at the Temple grounds

Las Vegas Temple grounds

Ahh, the love a brother has for his sister (Will and Reagan)



Will with soy sauce running down his arms, man the boy loves his sushi!!

Reagan attempting to use her chopsticks.

As you can see the chop sticks were quickly forgone, her hands were a much better tool for getting her sushi into her mouth!!

There is Will and Taylor drinking sprite and waiting for their sushi to come.




Another attempt at using those chopsticks.

6 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

That's great that they love their Sushi! I need to get Elaine started on it apparently! Looks like your having fun, keep posting!

Kristi said...

sounds like a busy but fun trip. It is always fun to see kids try to use chopsticks - only mine try while eating thai food - not sushi :oP
(I know I've never tried it but I just can't get past the thought of raw fish - I'm sure it is great - just not for me)

Unknown said...

Most of the sushi doesn't even have raw fish!! In fact I must say I think most of my favorite rolls don't have raw fish at all. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the raw fish too, but just so you know.

Cyd said...

Yeah for all-you-can-eat sushi!

Jan W. said...

Looks like and sounds like you're having a well deserved blast! Way to go! Continue the good work!

Erin said...

Oh, I miss those guys!