Monday, June 27

My Summer To Do list

So school just got out here!! I just finished up with grades today!! So it is time to come up with my Summer To do Lists. Here they are: (nothing as cute as Kristi's list but all the same here it is)

5 comments:

Ami Looker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ami Looker said...

Oops I deleted my comment... I was just commenting on how lazy you are making me feel! Guess it is time to start making my list. I have been having fun today working on Personal Progress though!
Ami Looker

Kristi said...

hahaha - you are switching to standards based grading?

Also, before you join weight watchers, you should check out the Y's activtrax program. It lets you track calories as well helps you build workouts. Kaylee and Morgan are using the work out part, I get set up on it next week as part of the 12-week program. Kim (Kaylee's old guitar teacher) lost 4 pounds the first week - and she wasn't having any luck with the new WW program.

Unknown said...

Kristi, we aren't being mandated to do so, we just feel that it is what is best for kids. We will have to create way to convert to a letter grade for the actual grade. We feel it just empowers the students (if done correctly. I started this year grading my tests and quizzes using a scoring sheet that listed the learning targets covered on the test. It was awesome to hear some kids say "I really need to come in and get some help on ______ (learning target) since I got a score of less than 4 on that one." Now just trying to find away to do something like that holistically. Plus it will help me know what things need retaught or reinforced better.

Mrs.Goates said...

sheesh - your to - do list is longer than mine! I didn't think it was possible. Good luck and have a fun summer!