I found out today, in a rather unusual way that I will be teaching at South Kitsap High School next year. I am excited about it, as I have been teaching Junior High for 12 years (boy how time flies) and am ready for change.
Also, with getting my masters in Ed. Leadership I have taken on some other roles at John Sedgwick Junior High in the past few years that have been great, but are pulling on my time. I have been feeling overwhelmed with too many different jobs, and not being able to devote enough time to me, family or spoiling my nieces and nephews. (The things that really matter!!)
So here is the unusual story for those I have not told already!! - So today after leaving summer school I decided to go to the South Kitsap Mall (not much there but there is a shoe store I like and they give teachers discounts on shoes). Anyway I was there looking around and saw another lady there looking at shoes, I noticed her name tag (she worked for the district personnel office) but she did not know who I was. Well after a few minutes of trying on shoes I heard her say she worked in an un-air conditioned office. And I butted in and said they don't keep you cool up there? And added that sometimes the schools AC doesn't really work, but is nice when it does. Anyhow, I also mentioned I was teaching summer school, she asked where and I told her and then she asked my name, I told her and she said "OH you just got the job at the High School!!" I said "I did?" to which she looked surprised but went on to say that Jay (my current principal) was posting my job today!!
I have never been told I got a job before I actually said yes (oh and I did not even need to interview!!) let alone at a shoe store!!
Have a great day!! I get to go see the midnight showing of Harry Potter tonight, then be back at school tomorrow to teach math to 12 summer school students! I must be crazy!!
I will post more pictures soon.
3 comments:
Congrats! I'm so excited for your job - and that is a great story. It's nice to know that people just know your great, they don't have to make you do all the hoopla to prove it.
Love ya!
Congratulations, I guess you should start shoe shopping everytime you're looking for a new job:)
Congrats!!! But the more important thing is if you got any cool shoes :)
Post a Comment