Monday, March 16

Phase 2 - Den Remodel and new picture wall.

So we have finished the remodel. My dad took some real nice pictures, but as life goes, has been too busy to get them too me, so I took a few with my old camera just to give you all the idea of what we accomplished. I am not completely done, the packing stuff back in here and organizing takes time, and I want it to be just right, so that adds to the time factor. I did have a little time this weekend and tonight so I finished the magnet "wall" for lack of a better term and my new family wall of photos in the hall. I have also brougt in the fabric and it is all in drawers and organized!! :-)

So here are the pictures:
Desk and book shelf, as you can see the desk still needs some organization help!!
Right side of the wall of cabinets, my printer goes there with paper and such in the cupboard right above.

Magnet wall and right side of cabinet area. Still stuff to put away or take back to dad.

New Picture wall. My friend and I saw something similar at a craft fair in August. They had just a frame and sheet metal, some had used tin ceiling tiles. I could not get a hold of those easily and when I found this package of steel sheets so cheap, I went for it. They worked well for the magnet wall in the den and this cool new picture display. I still have quite a few sheets of the steel, anybody??
Then I found a website to order the little bitty magnets from cheap, too. I am so pleased with how it turned out!!

I tried to take a picture without the flash so there wasn't the big glare but then it was all yellowy and a little blurry. Look plenty of room to grow as my siblings continue to have kids!!

9 comments:

Jan W. said...

It looks good, Wendy! I like the way the tin picture frames turned out, and quite a bit easier to change pictures out than my picture wall. How do you think the front entrance would look covered in tin? How many sheets did you have left? :)

Anderson Family said...

This is way cool! It must be a great area to get things done in.

Mrs.Goates said...

I really like the picture wall - so cute. I think I'll have to put a order in for some of your sheet metal - maybe a craft for next girls' weekend? I think it would be cute to do something like that in my new nursery.

Jessica said...

That's a super cute idea. It adds a lot character to your wall. I've mod podged magnet frames for Kay's and Owen's rooms. When you come up in two week remind me to show you. I love how all the shelves turned out. It will be fun to actually see it in person. We really need to plan a trip up that way!!! After organizing what's your next big project?

Kristi said...

The frames turned out cute. I want some for my b-day! :o) or I guess a girls weekend craft would work...

Erin said...

Seriously so cool. I love the way you did the magnet board!

Cyd said...

Oooo, what a great space! Its going to make you feel so neat and organized once you get that part done.

Ethatch said...

Great job Wendy--I too love the picture wall. Easy way to keep up with these quickly growing families.

Summer said...

hey wendy
you can e-mail me at summerceleste@gmail.com for a blog invite. I decided to go private.