Wednesday, July 22

Trip part 2 - Austin

So on Tuesday, June 30th, I left Vegas and flew to Austin to visit my brother, Dustin and his family. During the week I was there, I met Heidi for the first time and she is such a cutey, I gave her the quilt I made for her she loved it, she played on it and every once in a while she would reach out and try and grab one of the dolls. Here are some pictures of the finished quilt:


We played games, Wendy Jean and I made purses together, and also visited some craft and fabric stores. Here are pictures of our purses:

On Friday we went to Lake Travis; we had fun playing in the water and just spending time together. Here are a few pictures:


Love those rolls!!
Saturday was the 4th and Wendy and I wanted to go check out some quilt shops but found out once we were out that they were all closed so we went to JoAnn's, out to lunch, then to Hancock Fabric and finally to this Frozen custard place near their home for a cool frozen treat. While we were out the boys played on the Wii, then that evening we went to the fireworks. Here are some pictures I took at the Fireworks.

Zach and Hunter ran through some sprinklers that had come on in the park where we watched the fireworks.




So one of the funniest things I loved about Heidi was that she sucked on her tongue, I would often look over to her and she would be "playing with her tongue." Here are a couple pictures and a short video.

It was a great trip to Austin and I had fun spending time with Dustin, Wendy Jean, Max, Zach, Hunter and Heidi.

4 comments:

Cyd said...

Heidi is soooo cute!

Kaela said...

Looks like you had a great fourth! I love the bags you guys made!! And Heidi is too too cute- I love the picture of her in her bouncer showing off her rolls!!! Cute quilt too! You are one busy woman.

Ethatch said...

You are quite the seamstress Wendy! I love seeing your projects, keep them coming. And I love your new little Izzy! Curly black haired puppies are the cutest!

Granma Faye said...

Those are great pictures, Wendy. Looks like you had a fun and busy time in Texas. Love the very cute quilt and purses. Also, great shots of the fireworks! Pretty! ♥