Wednesday, July 22

Welcoming, Isabella!!

So I have wanted a dog for a long time and finally gave into my desire and got a cute little puppy a couple of days ago. I really like the personality of my parents dog Regis, he a Shih-Tzu mix, he is a great dog, I just love him. Anyway that led me to focusing my research on finding a Shih-tzu of some sort. I was searching one day last week and found an ad for Shih-poos (a shih-tzu/poodle mix), the mom was a 6 1/2 pound shih-tzu (on the small side but not small enough to be considered an imperial, to give you an idea Regis is about 14 pounds I think, and I think he is on the larger size) and the dad was a 4-5 pound toy poodle. Given that information the puppies were estimated to get to be a maximum of about 6 pounds (given proper feeding). I loved this as I need a small dog since I live in an apartment style condo. Anyway I was trying to decide between this little girl and another shih-tzu boy I found online as well. I decided on the little girl, she was just too cute to pass up!! I picked her up Tuesday, July 21st. The cats have been pretty apprehensive about her and have not hissed once at her, they just seem to be more scared of her than anything.

Here are a few pictures.

Here she is next to my foot to give you an idea of her size. She weighs about 2 pounds right now.



Feona eyeing her from a distance.


Cute little Izzy!!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

She's adorable! Can't wait to meet her in October :) She's a keeper!!!

Amalea Hendrickson said...

Isabella is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen! I also love your blog. Love you!

Cyd said...

Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby!

Nichole said...

I was wondering if you would call her Izzy or Bella. I like Izzy. She is cute! I hope mercedes doesn't eat her when you come stay in August! I'm sure she will be fine.

Ali said...

Aw, she's an itty bitty! Congratulations! She looks 100% snuggle-able. :)

Kaela said...

So cute! I like her name too. Paul's brother's dog's name is Izzy and Kaden calls her "Busy." Hehe.

Mrs.Goates said...

So cute! I love her, can't wait to see her in person. And I love the name and the the nickname! Puppies are way to cute.

Granma Faye said...

What an adorable little face! I LOVE that second picture and just want to hold that baby RIGHT NOW! Sooo cute! I like the breed mix and Izzy's size. So perfect for cuddling. I want one, too!