Monday, May 26

New Background!!

Well I finally have taken some time to change my blog!! I know shoker right?
Anyway, I have been doing good. Been busy with work and Relief Society.

Work-This year has been good, I am really liking the High School and getting back to "just" teaching math. Of course, I have taken on some other duties. I also work with the student's that have not passed the WASL, our state testing to see if students meet a minimum standard of knowledge on math, reading and writing. The students that I work with are doing an alternative called the Collection of Evidence, which is basically a portfolio of math problems that shows they have the knowledge tested on the WASL, but not under the stress of a high stakes test. I have also just been chosen as part of a regional professional development team that is doing training right now so we can train other teachers in the state on the newly revised Math Standards in Washington.

Home-I am enjoying having my Condo and am working to get better organized. Savannah and Feona are crazy as ever, but are really good, considering how much I leave them to do trainings or other meetings.


This is Feona.


This is Savannah.

Church-Relief Society is keeping me busy, we are trying to visit as many sisters as we can to get to know them. With approximately 280 sisters on the rolls that is a challenge. We are also trying to offer a variety of activities for the sisters to participate in if they choose. I have started teaching a class once a month with a sister from the other Ward in our town. We call it the Bag Lady Class, it is a class to strengthen our testimonies, give us ways to be better teachers in home, church and community, as well as apply the principles of the Relief Society Declaration. We have done the class for 2 months and it is going well. I am enjoying it.

Family-The family is doing great!! I love all my wonderful neices and nephews. The last four girls bring joy to my heart everytime I see them. Brooklyn has the best smile that lights up the whole room.
Kaymbri is a little sweetheart.
Elaine is a real cutey with the biggest most beautiful eyes!!
And last but not least is Mackenzie, so cute in her new glasses and doesn't talk much but melts her Aunt WeeWee's heart everytime she sees her and jumps up into her lap and says "wee wee" in that cute little voice that is now often a whisper as she does not want to be caught on camera saying, and believe me I have tried so I could post the video here!!!

I got all 4 of them matching outfits for christmas, my plan had been to knit them matching sweaters but that did not happen. Here they are in the matching outfits.

Well that is about as much time as I have right now. Don't get me wrong, I will brag about the other 11 nieces and nephews later, I love them all soooooo much!!

4 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

Yea for blog posts! I love that picture with McKenzie in the middle - a giant among men... or babies! Of course it doesn't help that she's a year older too.

Cyd said...

Fun to see all the cute little baby girls! I'm trying to guess who's is who's because even though you've told me I'm sure I've forgotten. I know Elaine is Annie's and I think McKenzie is Kristy's but I don't know who Kaymbry and Brooklyn belong to. Remind me please!

Unknown said...

Kaymbri is Nathan's, and Brooklyn is Nicole's.

Nathan said...

I love the background it's really cute! Hey I was wondering if you could invite me to your blog using my e-mail, so I don't have to use Nathan's :)
Wow are babies have grown up!!